Post by Ermete Post by Ermete
La versione 1.2.1.
Dunque: cos'e' il "Media refresh"?
La versione 1.2.1 di eCS. Un aggiornamento della ver. 1.2.
Vabbe' OK credevo che con "media refresh" si intendesse qualcosa di
piu' particolare, tipo: la vers. 1.2.1 contiene l' aggiornamento di
certi drivers o del Multimedia ecc.
Di seguito allego i cambiamenti rispetto alla versione 1.2. Un po'
bug-fix, un po' aggiornamenti, un po' cose varie. Per la verita'
l'elenco si riferisce alla beta 3 mentre adesso siamo alla 4, ma non
ho trovato niente di piu' aggiornato.
La ver. italiana si basa sullo stesso livello di applicazioni e
driver, per cui, una vola uscito il Media Refresh, dovremmo esserci, a
Dio piacendo. Lo stato della ver. italiana lo potete vedere qui:
La pagina dovrebbe essere accessibile a tutti.
== LIST OF CHANGES ==
* PHASE1: by default support for USB MSD devices is enabled (if USB is
This means you can use a USB memory stick to store your eComStation
key for example. Two limitations:
1) only HPFS and FAT16 filesystems are supported
2) there is no notification when the MSD device is inserted. It
should be available
during installation nevertheless. Please report problems, see below
'WHAT TO TEST'
* INSTALLER: responsefile installation is now functional. Needs to be
* INSTALLER: eClock is now configured properly from Locale settings
* INSTALLER: Updated descriptions of LIBC and FT2LIB. Moved FT2LIB to
'Interface Enhancements' section and removed dependency on INNOWIN.
* MIGRATION: major updates in migration scripts to scan for the File
Resource browser on the desktop in phase 1. If found it will be
preventing a popunder window during installation in phase 2 (when
We can now succesfully migrate an 1.2 desktop to 1.2.1 without need
(much/any) manual intervention.
* MIGRATION: updated scripts to maintain the directory structure of
files under the 'previous' directory. Before, these files were all
copied to the root of that directory.
* MIGRATION: if migrating an installation with SNAP previously
resolution will not be set to 800x600 in phase 3, instead keep the
* updated creation of MIGRATION.RSP to MIGRATE.RSP to comply to 8.3
* Changed text to display the 'Go to Maintenance Desktop' when ALT-F1
* changed install of Removable Device Monitor to be dependent of
USBMSD (instead of plain USB)
* added USBMON icon creation in startup folder
* Delete the network installer icon from the install/remove folder.
* Fix for failing installation of pluginpack in easy install
* Updated logic to not add MOZILLA_HOME and MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH if Mozilla
* setting of attributes of system files wasn't performed on correct
* MINSTALL: Removes R/O destination file attributes, so overwriting
* MINSTALL: Sets master volume to 60 on base installation (only!),
50 doesn't work using MciSetSysValue()
* MINSTALL: Filters CONFIG.SYS entries added by custom DLLs. If they
add bad files like TIMER0.SYS, CLOCK01.SYS, CLOCK02.SYS or
* MINSTALL: Fixed OPTI 16 package
* MINSTALL: added UniMix PM application if Uniaud is installed
* Added driveletter expansion for memdisk and guidproc drive to maint.
* Fixed focus of maintenance console (bug 845, 628), now accepts
* Updated preboot menu to warn if IPS Raid is selected (the driver
match the firmware of the controller)
* Added Keith Merrington's SigmaMD5 package to check MD5 checksums
* NETWORK: Update to fill in default machinename and workgroupname if
is not found, changed generated machinename for Network from fixed
to be time based (ECS103319) = semi-random
* NETWORK: if no TCPIP Hostname is entered, it is properly extracted
* updated CDFS.IFS (14.103) HPFS.IFS (14.103) to files recommended by
* added USBMON.EXE, USBMON.INI and USBMON.ICO to the USB packfile
* added USBWARN.EXE to USB packfile
* updated icons for USBMON (printer) and USBMON (MSD)
* updated UNIAUD to latest version (of august 2005) needs testing!
* backleveled LVM.DLL and associated files to level of eCS 1.2 GA, on
indication of RWK (this should be tested - some of the files are
considerably older than in eCS 1.2.1 MR beta 1)
* applied UN02334 which appeared to be missing from the MR build (and
* updated UHPFS.DLL
* updated OS2DASD.DMD and OS2CDROM.DMD and corresponding SYM files to
latest release level (10.157)
* updated DANIATAPI.FLT to 0.3.18 level. Added DANIATAPI.DOC to
* updated DANIS506.ADD to revision 1.7.3
* vfet2a.os2, vfet3a.os2, vfet1a.os2: New NIC drivers from Japanese
developer. They have all been tested. These are much better then
drivers that have IRQ sharing problems and that blow up.
* updated Speedstep support to 10.156 level
* Crystal drivers part of update for Soundfusion package for Crystal
* Replaced libc05.zip with the Innotek installer version
* Separated libc and emx, added possibility to specify location for
* updated USBETHER.OS2 driver to level 10.70
* updated EJECT.EXE to 14.97
* updated kernel tracefiles to proper level
* fixed MINSTPM to run in Object REXX mode
* fixed MINSTPM to accept 1.2.1 revision
* updated MINSTPM and NETWORK (better detection of eCS CD, MINSTPM now
new GPS include file for invocation without requirement of eCS CD in
* updated EN_US Mozilla to the 1.7.10 refresh level.
* updated SNAP to version SE 478
* updated OMNI driver for EN_US to 40.827, was accidentally
* Applied TCPIP fix IC40875.
* Updated MINILVM.EXE with non-compressed icon resource (to avoid
corruption reported on some resolutions).
* updated NewView to 2.16.4
* updated AE to 1.9.8
* replaced IBM SETBOOT.EXE with version of JvW (Dfsee author) which
corruption of volumes when bootmanager is not the first primary
* updated WarpIn to revision 1.0.7